hi guys! This is my 3rd Snazzy Sunday and today I’m going to do a nail tutorial. This is really easy to do and you don’t need long nails or lots of different coloured nail varnish either. So Here’s How you do It! 💅💅💅💅💅💅
Its such a pain but no matter how much I try I can’t grow my nails long. Problem is you see is that I have a short nail bed. grrrrr!!! So it takes ages for my nails to grow to the tip of my fingers.
I love painting my nails but I am restricted by the designs I can do because of short nails. So I investigated further on the web to see what tips I could find for short nails. I cant be the only one out there !!
I found some great tips so here goes.
- Simple designs are easier and look better
- A nude nail polish makes fingers look longer.
- Nail stickers are a great option but again fairly simple designs
- A diamente or a stud at the base of the nail can look cute !!
- A stamping plate can be great for short nails.
There is a fab blog called http://little-nails.blogspot.co.uk and I also love to watch you tube videos on nail art, one I like is cutepolish. Its awesome
Biggest tip with nail art is have fun and make sure you have plenty of time to do it. It wont work if u rush it.
Today I have done 2 designs. Hope u like them
First one is a purple glitter ombre design
- First shape u r nails and apply a base coat to protect your nails
- I then painted my full nail with a brilliant nail polish called 1 second Gel from Bourjois. It goes on smooth and easy to use
- After it dried I applied a thin line on the very tips of my nail a darker purple using a toothpick or the edge of the brush
- When this was almost dried I applied a second coat of the first nail polish which blended the darker colour into the lighter one, causing a graduated colour. I think it looks cool.
Second design I did today is more an everyday design using a french manicure base and silver glitter nail polish
- I painted the full nail with Rimmel french manicure in French Rose
- After this dried I used the edge of my silver nail polish brush to draw a thin line on the tip of my nails. The polish was another one of the 1 second gel from Bourgois.
- After this dried I sealed it all with a clear top coat
So even though my nails can be a pain to grow, I can still have a cool design on them !! Happy happy 😃😃
Have fun with your nails !! X