I love to knit and sew and I am getting alot better at it. Yay !! I am super chuffed with what I made yesterday, my own Koala cushion. 🐾🐨⭐️
What do u guys think? I’m still not sure whether I need to add a wee mouth or not?
Do u want to have a try at making your own cushion?…. Here’s how !! 👇
- First of all I cut out a template of the koala bear and pinned the paper onto the felt. U could draw anything onto a piece of paper, even something crazy. I might do a donut next.
- I then cut around the paper on the felt.
- I placed the koala shaped felt onto one piece of square cotton material and sewed it on. This is called applique. I used small stitches to add the detail for the arms etc. I then cut out circular pieces of felt for the eyes and triangle for the nose and sewed them on.
- Next I placed the material with the koala picture upside down and then placed another exact size of cotton material on top. U then sew all the way around, remembering to leave enough gap to be able to turn the material inside out and stuff
- Once stuffed, sew the gap closed .
Hope this makes sense, sorry I didn’t take any photos of the process, was too busy enjoying sewing.
Hope u r having a great day